Sunday, September 14, 2008

Another great week

Yes, we had another great week. It is hard to know that all my weeks will not be this good. The kids have done such a great job getting their chores and homework done. I am really proud of them. Cant it always stay this good? They have been wonderful about taking resposibility upon themselves and following through.
I took the kids to the ground breaking party for the gym by my house. It was mostly for Stephen, he was meeting a couple of his friends there. You know I am pretty sure he thinks he is 19. Anyway, we were there and one of the trainers came up to talk to me. He called me by name, which initially I was impressed, but as we talked he asked why I hadnt been comming. I explained about my lack of time. He must have figured I was feeding him a line because the basic gist was that I would either be there or not and there are millions of other fat people in the world that have the same excuse. Creep. Anyway, my goal for the next couple of weeks is to try to get it back into my schedule. If I cant I will just have to wait till Feb. when the big one opens and I can go 24 hrs. a day. Ha wont he be surprised when I am there at 4 am or 10 pm. ;)
I finally had the talk with the gal that does my hair. WHAT TO DO WHEN THE GRAY HAIRS TAKE OVER. I havent been in to her in about 4-5 months. I think she get a little miffed because my roots get so grown out, again no time. But she agreed that my gray hair is gaining speed, she says bad genetics and to much stress. Thankyou dad, and grandma for the genes, and I dont see any let up in the stress department any time soon. We figured that with highlights, and low lights I will buy myself some time. I decided that 38 was probably to young to be so gray. It is pretty bad when the girls that I work with that are 50+ are less gray than I am, or the doctors greet me with "wow, Linna you are really going gray." Maybe they wouldnt notice if I was a little taller and the top of my head wasnt the first thing they saw. Maybe that is a possible solution, grow a little. ha ha ha
I started the book "Host" by Stephenie Meyer. I loved her "twilight" series. I have been promised that this is just as good. I have to say, it is hard to get into and a little weird. I have read everything from the twilight series, even the manuscript. I have really enjoyed her imagination. It is nice to sit and be entertained and escape to somewhere else for a while.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could figure out how to find the time to do everything I need to do. The only reason I have been getting my exercising in is because I have 4 faithful friends who I go with and we go to classes at 5:30 A.M. Of course now I am not getting enough sleep so I am pretty grumpy most of the time. I borrowed the Host from Carol, but it is just taking up space on my night stand. Again, trying to find time. :) Your kids are cute. I think Stephen is about 6 months older than Becca. I have a picture of them with David's Brayden and Grandma Betty at a Kinghorn reunion when Becca was about a week old. Time flys when your having fun doesn't it!!

Jackie said...

Don't give up on host. It it sooo good, it just takes a few chapters to get into. It is a touching read!
Glad you got your hair done! It always feels good. I went to the clinique counter Friday without kids and had the girl do my makeup and I felt so pampered! I walked out of there $100 dollars poorer but it had been so long since I had done somehthing just for me! Have another great week!

Rachel said...

So I havent even noticed you had gray hair. I guess that is a good thing. Mine is completely out of control. If I didnt dye mine I would be completely grey in front. and on sides. I started when I was 28. I hate it. Oh well. I think you are beautiful with or without grey!

The Tomlinsons said...

You are amazing. I could never do all that you do, and still be sane (and yes, I do think you are sane!) I'm so glad you are seeing progress and having good weeks, instead of just good days.