Sunday, September 28, 2008

I have tried to start this post 3-4 times. I kept getting interupted and putting it off. Now that it is starting to cool off, if the low 100's is cooling off, I have been spending more time outside in the yard. I love yard work and regard it as my therapy. We have laughed so many times this year at my two little trees that dad brought me. Dad brought me these seedlings last fall and they were about 24" tall. Then during the winter they dropped all there leaves and looked like two twigs stuck in the ground. As you can see they have grown immensly. My neighbor gets a good laugh about it also. He has asked me several times about my incredible growing twigs. It will be amazing to see how they grow next year. I also have looked back and try to imagine how my yard will look in 5-10 years when everything is mature. I hope the neighborhood doesnt go to the trash and I am still here to witness that. I have loved working in this yard and finally think it is where I want it. This last week I took some time off. I had originally planned on going to swiss days in St. George, but it took me so long to get over being home sick for the place that I decided not to go so soon. I miss it so much when I leave. I spent it with the kids. I went to "shadow a student" with Stephen. I went last year and had a great time. It was fun to see the friends he associates with and meet his teachers. I loved watching him in band, and particularly jazz band. I got a little emotional when they started to play. They sound so good and I was so proud of where he is at and how far he has come. I was excited about his band too, although it wasnt nearly as impressive as jazz band. It was fun to see how much he has improved, and I really have loved his teacher. I think she really makes a difference with the kids. I know mom will love seeing how much he has improved. It was fun to share our last year with her in such an intimate setting. Mom, you would have been so proud.
It was cute on friday. Both the girls came downstairs after getting ready for school and took one look at each other and couldnt believe it. They dressed in exactly the same outfits and had done their hair the same. They got the biggest kick out of being twins. Also, after school we were swimming and Sarah looked up and said, "hey mom look at my olympic dive." It was great to see what she took away from the olympics. The funny way the divers grab their legs.

It has been a great couple of days. It is hard to think about getting back into the swing of things to start a new week. It is so much fun to be home with the kids. Things run so much more smoothly. I dont know how I thought it would be fun and relaxing. There was so much to do, I really didnt get time to sit and read or relax. I had hoped to finish the host, get to the gym everyday, get caught up on my dvr list, and spend some much needed "me" time. I did get a little further in my book, thankyou Jackie, I am still plugging away. It is getting better. I only got to the gym once, I justified because I figured I was getting my workout at home. I watched one episode of bones and house, I still have multiple to get caught up on, and sadly really didnt get any "me" time. I guess my me time was spent in the yard doing therapy.
I am really looking forward to conference this next weekend. I love to spend the weekend eating and watching tv in my pajamas. Mom and Dad really did a good job enstilling a love for that in me. I count that as the best birthday present I could get. Every year I have a great excuse to stay in my pj's all day and do very little. Love it. I am glad that this year I will get to have the girls on Sunday, for my b-day, to watch conference. I hope they will always keep this as a priority and learn to love it as much as I do. I know they dont get the same exposure over at their dads. The priorities are just not the same.

1 comment:

The Tomlinsons said...

You have gotten good at blogging quickly. I need to learn how to add videos. Love the pictures.