Saturday, January 31, 2009

My leave of absence from blogging.......

Rob reminded me that some actually read and like these..... Just kidding. I have had such a crappy attitude the last couple of weeks, I can blame it on whatever I chose, the truth is I needed some time to get my perspective again and realize I cant really change the world single handedly and some things just are never going to change so I need to let it go. I have struggled with some friendships that I guess looking back maybe werent the friendships I thought they were. I have been told that I need to stay away from relationships that are negative. I stuggle with that because I tend to see the good and overlook things that really are not good influences. It has been hard to have teenagers. I have a friend that loved her kids teenage years, I have asked her what about it she loved........ I struggle each day with wanting to put them up for foster care. I cant hardly get through a week where at some point I really cant stand them, then I feel like a really crappy mother. It truly is a love hate relationship. Some days I wonder if I really make a difference, or if they really even care. On good days I think they are wonderful, adorable, and it is fun to actually talk to them. They are curious about the world and where they are headed.
Work has frustrated me immensley. I really love what I do, and I really mean that. I love to help people, and nothing gives me more satisfaction than ending a day knowing I was able to help someone hopefully really feel better. I have a manager that stomps around the lab and acts like an over grown two year old. She is rude, mean, and unprofessional. I have really struggled to realize that she doesnt have to affect me. This has been hard because so much of my socializing comes at work, and she really has a way of taking the fun out of it. I finally, this week, was able to get past that and change my attitude and put fun back in. I have gotten to work with some of my best friends and that has really helped.
I appreciate so much my circle of friends. I have some really wonderful friends. They have been so great to rally me when I need the encouragement, and sometimes give me loving criticism when I need an attitude adjustment. I get so bogged down sometimes with work and home that I forget to take the time to recharge. They are very good about helping me do that, and reminding me when I might need a recharge.;)
I am ever grateful to my family for loving me no matter how frustrated, negative, emotionally, honery,or obstinant I might get. I really appreciate being able to bounce thoughts off of you guys and get feedback that helps me go on. Where would I be without you guys, probably over a cliff somewhere. I miss you guys always, and love being able to keep in touch.

2 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

Keep smiling, it could be worse. You could be living in the basement of your parents because you lost your job and are unable to sell your home. All your stuff could be in storage and everyday your only thought could be...when the heck is this all going to end. Remember, without struggles you would be just another stuck up over the top brat. Hardships keep us grounded and help us in the long run! You are giving and loving and truly care about other, that is more then most others we know. You Rock Big Sis.

Jackie said...

Hey Linna,
Sorry to hear you have been having a hard couple of weeks. Life isn't easy for anyone even if it appears to be so. Everyone has trials and struggles no matter how perfect life "seems" to be. Most people in my life are great examples of giving and always having an encouraging thing to say when I feel down. I'm glad you have a cirlce of friends like this in your life to help you. The world is full of goodness and full of loving people! And you are definitely one of those! We are looking forward to seeing you this Spring!