Saturday, October 17, 2009

2 more games.

I have spent my whole life hearing about football. I remember hating football season as a child because all it meant was A LOT of noise. I loved soccer because that was what I played. As I had my own kids I integrated them into my same love of the game. Then High School happened. Stephen has had such a fun time playing, even though he hasn't played a lot. They switched his position from linebacker to tight end. I have decided that I LOVE this new found passion as well. I have had so much fun sitting in the stands cheering. I have learned so much. I now know what off-sides, false start, and face-masking are. To name a few. I have learned what some of the different positions are and that a tight end isn't a "blond" as I was told by a friend.... As the boys finish their season I am really very sad to see it end. We went to the last Varsity home game last night and had a blast, and relished it until next year. What a fun time. I cant wait to see what he does in the off season. Maybe I will get the chance to learn a little about wrestling......

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I wish we could have seen one of his games! I bet it is so fun to watch him. There is something fun about highschool football games! I can see you in the stands cheering for him! You are a great mom!

Linna Merrill said...

Last night he got to play the entire 2nd and 4 the quarters. I was so proud of him. I sit in the stands and whistle my whistle so he knows its me. It is soooooo fun. I dont ever want it to end. It would have been fun to have you. Think about it for next year. Now is the perfect time too, the weather is perfect. By the way, we were talking the other day and he made the comment that Jason scored when it came to picking out a wife. ;)

ibshell said...

Did I tell you that Tyler has been playing this year? It has been a riot, so I know what you mean. You are right too, the more they play, the more it fuels their desire to play. It has been a fun season. His last game is this Wed. Their team didn't do well this year, but he will be playing again next year. Miss you!! You are such a cute MOM!!!

Grandma Tomlinson said...

Stephen, Grandpa and I are so proud of the skills you've developed in football. You are such a good guy and we love you so much. Hope you always remember how much we count on you to be a good example to all our other grandchildren since you're the oldest one! You can help your own sisters out a lot as they grow up also. Everyone always wants to have a big brother. I never had one so I'm glad our first grandchild was a boy....and was you! We love you Stephen. Love, Grandma