Wednesday, September 9, 2009

FFFFOOOOOOOTTTTBBBAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Stephen decided this year to play football. He practiced the whole summer and when school started continued. I thought that after a couple of months of practicing in 100+ weather he would have had enough..... I guess that is what I get for thinking. Actually it seems to have fueled his desire to play. He is definately not one of the big boys, but he has the same heart and seems to love the game. Funny how it has taken the seat of soccer.



Last week was his first game. They start the game huddled, jumping up and down and chanting. Then they break and go out on the field. Stephen is on the kick off special team, so he got to play on each kick off. I also expected him to not see any playing time but to my surprise he did get to go in for a few minutes in the second half. They ended up losing their game, but it was fun anyway.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

That is so cool Stephen!! You look good in your uniform!

The Tomlinsons said...

Go Stephen! Holy cow, Linna, you have a high school football player for a son! Give him a year or two and he'll be the biggest kid out there!

Grandma Tomlinson said...

Stephen I am so proud of you and all your hard work. You have worked very hard to put on that uniform. If you work hard on all the good things in life, you will be an outstanding person. I'm so glad you love seminary and I know if you work hard, it will be the greatest preparation you can make for your mission. Boy will I be proud when you trade your football uniform in for a suit and tie and a name tag that says:
Elder Merrill
I love you so much and so does your grandpa. Good luck in your football season. XOXO