Sunday, February 22, 2009

my tall tree stick






My neighbor and I have gotten the biggest kick out of these trees. They get leaves in the spring, grow like there is no tomorrow, and then in the fall one day lose all their leaves and branches. Then, all winter the stand like spikes. So, last spring I took a picture of my twig, then in the fall I took a picture to show how much it grew, and this weekend I took another as we get ready to go into spring and they are starting to get little leaves. It will be fun to see how much they grow this year.

3 comments:

Grandma Tomlinson said...

WOW the tree (or stick) needs to be topped off so it'll start branching off. Cut the top off and you'll really start seeing some changes.

Have you measured your kids yet this year? They're growing pretty fast too. Don't forget to write their heights on the door jam. It's so fun to see the growth each year.

Love, Mom

The Tomlinsons said...

That is a funny little stick or tree...what ever.

Jackie said...

Interesting! I have never seen a tree like that before. Aren't you excited for Spring though? I can't wait!!