Sunday, August 24, 2008

Out with the old, In with the new.

I DID IT. I have been wanting to get rid of my gas guzzler for a year. I have loved the Tahoe. It was a car I had always dreamed of having. I loved feeling "BIG", and I loved being able to see everything around. This last summer when gas was over 4.10 a gallon I finally made a decision. It had to go. It was crazy, it was no longer fun to drive it when filling it up became such a burden. It was hard to take the pictures to finally put it in the auto trader. Then, like a good parent I was hopeful as calls started to come in that I would be able to find a good home for it. Someone to love it like I did. I know that seems absolutely rediculous. When it seemed hopeless, I began to be disappointed. I reconsidered my options and this last week when I knew the 2009 were coming out and I filled up my tank again and $75 didnt even fill the tank over 3/4 I decided that was it. I was tired of being a gas slave. I spent all day saturday at the honda dealership. I had initially walked in to just look. I had spent the last 4-6 weeks on the internet and talking to salesman to get a feel for my prices. I had intended to make my purchase next weekend over the labor day holiday, and I wanted one last look to finalize all my options. We played the game. Mom gracefully obliged. I went in to talk numbers and then got up to walk out, mom was waiting outside. I went to her and got in the car. Just as I shut the door the salesman with the manager were right there to make the deal. I told them their numbers were just to high. They asked what it would take to make me stay. Of course, I proclaimed my offer, and we made a deal. I spent the next 2 hours doing paperwork. I'm not sure what takes so long, and then I drove it home. I wanted gray, but when there was not one within 3 states I had to opt for a dark blue. I am pretty happy about it. Got all the things that were important to me. It is sure different driving so close to the ground. I am glad that hopefully I will not have to worry about car problems till the kids are in college. It will also be nice not to be enslaved at the pump.

No comments: