Sunday, August 10, 2008

Who said I need a Man?





When I was at Jackies we went to the iron store and I bought these great hooks. I really wanted something to hang the backpacks on so the kids didnt just drop them on the floor. I have dragged my feet since I got back afraid to hang them. I wasnt sure how to do it and I didnt want it to rip out of the wall. I thought about it for a week or so and then asked dad his opinion. I went to home depot to get my supplies. When I got there I asked them to get me lag bolts. The guy thought I was crazy. He wanted to know if I was hanging an elephant. I told him I was screwing it in to 3 studs and I wanted to make sure it didnt come out. He was hesitant but finally sold me what I wanted, and sent me on my way assuring me that the house would come down before the hooks. Here is my finished product. I got the studs all three times and the hooks are very secure. I was so proud of myself. I sure wish they could come up with a stud finder for me that is as easy as this.;)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I am impressed! Way to go. Don't you love when you can do things and you don't need a guys help. I always feel so frustrated when I have to go get rob and ask for help. I just hate that. So I am impressed with your talents! I laughed at your stud comment with the men. Would be nice if it were that easy!

Jackie said...

You go girl! The hooks look so great!!

The Tomlinsons said...

They look great! I'm proud of you! I'm always afraid to do stuff like that. Your "stud finder" comment was funny! We went through all of Leah's clothes today to see which ones fit and which ones didn't. She needs a few things for fall. She'll be so excited to get the clothes from you! Neither of us care if they're hand-me-downs:)