Sunday, August 3, 2008

Back to the grind

The last week of summer is pretty much over. How exciting. We spent this last week shopping for school clothes and supplies. The kids have had a blast. It is funny to see all the piles in my closet. The kids have been in and out peaking. I had them all in bags until last night. I finally sat down and made piles. Piles with clothes, sock, and shoes. Piles with all the supplies, back-packs, and lunch boxes. The kids had a blast picking out new back-packs and lunch boxes. They are so funny about there lunches. They would rather take lunch than eat school lunch. I remember when eating school lunch was the coolest thing. Now if the kids eat to often they get on me about skimping on the lunches. They are funny. Two more days till we are officially back in the grind. We get to go back to the visitation schedule and splitting weekends. To bad heaven is over and back to all the games. I am sad to see things end, but also glad to be back on a schedule.
I have thought so much this week about St. George. I sure miss it. It is always hard to come back because I love it so much there. I have looked at the pictures over and over again. We had such a good time with the cousins. The kids have talked about it a lot also.
I also thought about going to the "New Dawn" release party. Yes, I got the new book and have been obsessing about reading it. I am going to try to have it read by the end of the week. It will be good to have that to do this weekend when the kids are gone. It is going to take a little getting back into the whole sharing thing again. It has truly been a great summer.
Sarah stayed down the whole weekend. She had a crown put on one of her molars and a filling a few weeks ago. It is infected. She has an abcess and was sick all weekend. We have been waiting for the dentist to come back in to town today to pull it out. Elizabeth said "he's going to rip it out". Sarah about died. We had to comfort her that he would be gentle.
Hopefully by next week we will have had a fabulous week, our first week of school will be uneventful and the kids will be happy to be back. I decided this week, it is time to get a new camera, since mine is stone-age digital (about 6 years old). I couldnt believe how bad the pictures were. Something that santa can bring, althought I hope he will drop it by early. ;)

5 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

It is always fun to go shopping, it is ashame that it cost money. Hey, I have an idea....how about we send Leah to your house and you can buy her all of her new school clothes. That would be great. Or you can just make a pile for her. Either way, it would be good.

Rachel said...

Wish you would have come to the party for breaking dawn it was great! The book is full of drama and I am half way done. I love to have time to read! I miss seeing you to!

Jackie said...

I remember how fun it was to go school shopping!! I used to put all of my clothes into a neat pile and play store with them. The lunch box thing was huge too. I still remember my hello kitty one! I'm glad the kids had fun! We did a little shopping with my parents and the girls were so excited!
Tell Sarah we hope she gets better soon! Poor thing!
Call me before you get a camera!!! I would definitely recommend a Nikon. We have loved ours!
And don't be blogging about Breaking Dawn!! You'll probably have it read before me!!! What did you think of Eclipse?

Jackie said...

Hey Linna,
I got Breaking Dawn!! I let my friend read it first because my mom and dad were here but I'm starting TODAY! I'm so excited! I got my mom hooked on Twilight and we almost went to the party too but my friend called to tell me it was a dud. Anyway, we'll have to chat when we get done with it.
I have to take the girls to get a few more things for school and yes they are soooo excited, especially Emma. I'm trying to get all organized this week!
Thanks again for taking the time to come and stay with us. We all love having company come! It's fun to look at the pictures. Grace is addicted to the slide show! She says,"ME!" Good Luck next week!

The Tomlinsons said...

Linna, Rob wrote the other comment (are you suprised? the comment about costing money should have tipped you off!) How was the first day of school? Did Sarah get to go with her tooth being infected? I hope she feels better soon! Leah keeps talking about your kids. I hope we get to see you more often once we're all in Ridgecrest (and I hope you'll be able to make St. George your home sooner rather than later!)