Sunday, May 17, 2009

Between the band concerts we had to fit in play practice. Iam not sure what to think about the end of the school year. We have been so busy, running here and running there. As it comes to an end I have a bit of sadness. We are comming to the end of two significant times in the kids lives. I know Elizabeth is so sad to see sixth grade end. We have the best sixth grade team, and they really do a great job of getting the kids involved in many activities through the year. They leave with very mixed emotions. They are growing up and entering the BIG time in their lives and yet I think they are hesistant to leave the "little" part of their life. They arent in elementary anymore. There is more responsibility and more accountability along with more freedom. What a great year it has been. I have been able to share so much with Elizabeth. I am a little sad to see her grow up but so excited because she is turning into a beautiful young woman. She had so much fun acting in the play the wizard of oz. She had just a couple of parts and my cinemotography was terrible, but she did a great job. She loved the whole experience.

3 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

She is getting so big and old! It is so sad to see them growing up.

Jackie said...

How fun she was able to be in the Wizard of Oz. I remember being that age and I didn't want to grow up but there is so much in her life to look forward to. So many exciting times to come!

Grandma Tomlinson said...

Way to go Elizabeth! You look cute in your "costume". I'm glad you were able to be in the play. It'll be another fun memory. I'm glad did well in elementary and know you'll have a wonderful time in Jr. High. I love you. Grandma