Thursday, May 21, 2009

Last day of school 2009.






Then, I met the girls to pick them up after school. I was surprised that Elizabeth didnt say to much about the last day this morning. I remember Stephen ending elementary and he was quite sad. So, I say the girls walking towards me in the car and didnt think to much until Elizabeth came a bit closer..... She was BAWLING..... All she could say was that she didnt want it to be over. She is so cute, and VERY sentimental. I knew she would get emotional. The school has a FANTASTIC 6th grade team that does so much for the kids. They really sent them off with great memories. Each of the kids then had invited 2-4 friends to come over and swim after school and I took the liberty of inviting a few of my own. What a fabulous afternoon. It is so fun to be forming great friendships again. I have really missed that and I am enjoying watching the kids enjoying themselves also. There is no value that can be affixed to a great friend.




What a FABULOUS day I had. I got to spend the morning with Stephen at his promotion to HS. I had to really fight off getting emotional (yes, Rob I am a sap). I am so proud of him. He has really blossomed into a delightful young man. I am so proud of his accomplishments. He far exceeded my expectations. The Jazz band played the prelude music and sounded fantastic. They have all grown so much this year and what a great experience that has been. I cant wait for him to continue through HS.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

How fun for them to have a swim party. You are THE MOM.

Grandma Tomlinson said...

What is the picture of the blue dress and all the people. I don't recognize anyone or anything. I'm glad you had fun at the swim party. How come Stephen wasn't dressed up in a white shirt like the others? It's best to be over dressed than too casual at a graduation. Love you. Grandma